Master with machine learning
Ozone 9 helps make mastering easier with AI-powered assistive audio tools that give you an instant starting point. New source separation technology in Master Rebalance lets you correct instrument levels before starting your master, or add excitement to key sections. Have the final say in any mix with complete control of your sound.
Control lows, mids, and highs
Tame harshness in high end and bring out your low end instruments with industry-first tools like the Spectral Shaper and Low End Focus modules. Use intuitive, fluid controls to target specific regions to easily smooth out issues or create unique effects.
Match your reference track
Load your favorite reference tracks into Ozone 9, loop any section, and compare your master with a single button press. Take a snapshot of your reference with the new Match EQ module and save your favorite profiles as presets for other songs. Or, use Master Assistant to set up a custom chain based on your reference.
Tonal Balance Control
Finalize and fine-tune your master in any listening environment using target curves for different genres. Quickly fix issues where you see them by calling up Ozone’s EQ against your target. Use Tonal Balance Control in your mix session and adjust gain and EQ for Nectar, Neutron, and Relay plug-ins to keep frequencies in line.
Native Instruments NKS
Put the power of Ozone into your creative process and master while making music with Maschine or Komplete Kontrol. Open Ozone on the fly and easily add professional polish while making music on your hardware using hundreds of different presets and accessible parameters mapped to your hardware controls. Add loudness, width, and EQ without touching your DAW and keep the creative juices flowing.
* NKS is a registered trademark of Native Instruments GmbH.
Ozone for Streaming
Get your music ready for primetime in today’s world of streaming audio. Set intelligent loudness targets to prevent your music from being turned down by a streaming platform with Master Assistant and Maximizer. Use CODEC Preview mode in Ozone 9 Advanced to hear your music translated to MP3 or AAC. Upload a reference track to Tonal Balance Control, Master Assistant, or EQ Match, and ensure your music stacks up against the competition. Create with confidence knowing your music will sound great in any format!
What’s in Ozone?
Adjust volume on drums, bass, or vocals in ANY audio track, even a bounced mix.
- Master Rebalance works in real time…no need to render or bounce your tracks.
- Use DAW automation to add excitement in song sections with small gain changes.
- Twin spectrum meters let you see rebalanced source against the rest of your track.
- Master Rebalance is available in Ozone 9 Advanced only.
Low End Focus
Get clear and punchy low frequencies and avoid artifacts from EQ and compression. “Punchy” and “Smooth” modes let you find the right setting for percussive or sustained low end issues.
- Set a Boundary region to add or remove contrast anywhere in your low end.
- Use the Listen button to hear what’s being removed and avoid over-processing.
- Low End Focus is available in Ozone 9 Advanced only.
Add natural stereo width to narrow mixes with an upgraded “Stereoize” mode.
- NEW! Two modes for stereoize give you new flavors for widening your track.
- Sculpt your image in stereo with per-band widening and narrowing.
- Monitor stereo width and phase using fluid metering.
- Imager is available in all editions of Ozone 9.
Control the finest details of your sound with fluid metering and new HUD controls.
- Emulate classic analog EQs or modern digital models depending on your style.
- Use Mid/Side mode to correct frequencies in the sides of your audio.
- NEW! Enjoy smooth, fluid metering and a resizable window that lets you see more of your sound.
- Equalizer is available in all editions of Ozone 9.
Seamlessly compare your mix with a reference track at the touch of a button.
- Loop specific regions of your references and load up to 16 at once into Ozone.
- See your reference displayed in Ozone’s meters for easy visual comparison.
- Use Master Assistant to automatically match the tone of your loaded reference tracks.
Make mixes LOUD while preserving dynamics with Ozone’s intelligent limiter.
- Intelligent Release Control (IRC) modes react to your sound to reduce distortion and pumping
- Threshold Learn mode intelligently sets loudness to a target LUFS level
- True Peak detection ensures your audio doesn’t clip after export
- Maximizer is available in all editions of Ozone 9
Add instant polish and remove harshness with spectral shaping technology.
- Light, Medium, and Heavy settings offer different smoothing flavors.
- Shape lows, mids, and highs with adjustable boundary controls.
- Listen mode lets you hear what parts of the sound you’re removing, helping you find the perfect settings.
- Spectral Shaper is available in Ozone 9 Advanced only.
Make EQ boosts and cuts that respond to the dynamics of your audio.
- Make subtle boosts and cuts that occur only when frequencies are too loud or soft.
- Control threshold, attack, and release along with frequency and gain.
- More precise than a compressor and more subtle than a normal EQ.
Mix and match between seven different types of distortion to add warmth and character.
- Use different flavors of distortion such as Tape, Retro, or Tube.
- Add different distortion modes on multiple bands to create your own unique tonal balance.
The mastering engineer’s most versatile tool. Tame dynamic mixes and give your tracks energy.
- Compress in up to four bands, or with the Detection Filter mode.
- Use Auto-release mode for a smooth, natural response.
Available in Ozone 9 Standard and Advanced
Introduce rich saturation with all the frequency coloration, distortion, and phase effects of tape.
Glue a mix together and get loud, pumping tracks using Vintage Limiter.
Brighten your master, smooth out heavy low end, and add body to your digital recordings.
Add colorful dynamics with compression modeled after famous mastering hardware.
Hear how your mix sounds as an MP3 or AAC at different resolutions. Listen for any loss of audio quality and anticipate delivery issues down the line. (Available in Ozone 9 Advanced)
For when you’re ready to export, Ozone’s extensive suite of dithering options help you ensure no audible loss of audio quality. (Available in Ozone 9 Standard and Advanced)