Meet your new performance rig
Nobody loves a British stack or TV-front Tweed more than Sweetwater guitarists. But in a performance setting, there are so many factors — room acoustics, microphones, sightlines, atmospheric conditions, and sound personnel — standing between the “sound” of your amp and the way it’s heard in a mix. The Line 6 eliminates the hassle of loading up and gigging out by giving you stunning re-creations of some truly timeless amp tones. Sag, chime, harmonics, dynamics, crunch — the Line 6 folks have done a great job of capturing the tone and, just as importantly, the feel of playing through these real tube amps. Onboard cabinet models, stompbox FX, and analog/digital outputs equip the POD Go to be the only piece of gear you record and gig out with, or one of several parts in live amp chain. Expandable features include a headphone output for silent monitoring, an FX loop for incorporating real-deal effects pedals, and a dry amp output for monitoring through a live amp while sending modeled tones straight to FOH.
Helix-derived amps and stomps
The Helix line of Line 6 floor processors have been a major hit with Sweetwater customers and the industry over. Now you can access a heaping helping of these iconic tones without the all-in size and price tag. Inside the POD Go you’ll find 270+ Helix and legacy models of your favorite classic amps, stomps, and cabs. These you can mix and match in endless arrangements for dream tones never possible from a traditional rig. All models are designed to sound great in a traditional amps-and-stomps guitar chain or on their own, sent directly to a PA or computer.
Lightweight, tour-tested performance
As with every latter-day Line 6 floor processor, the POD Go gives you bulletproof construction, eight tour-grade rugged footswitches, and a cast aluminum expression pedal that’s rated to survive life on the road. Yet for all its strength, the POD Go remains remarkably light and compact — the perfect throw-and-go unit for a backpack or suitcase guitar traveler.
Large full-color screen
A drawback to lesser floor units is having to squint to see that one line of monochrome text as it flies by between patch changes. But not so with the Line 6 POD Go. Its full-color screen reads out your full signal chain at a glance, and with a powerful backlight that’s easy to read even on a dark and hazy stage.
Onboard expression pedal
The POD Go’s integrated expression pedal injects the player’s heart and soul into every performance. From volume swells and rotary accelerations to landing the perfect Mick Ronson cocked-wah sound, the expression pedal adds a ton of potential to the POD Go’s powerful amps and FX. And if you’re the type of player who wants more expression, you can always add a second expression pedal (sold separately) down the line for dedicated wah/volume foot control.
Recall tones with Snapshots
Achieving total recall on an analog setup is tough. And even then, all it takes is a thoughtless bandmate grabbing a knob or moving a pedal to completely trash your hours of hard work. Fortunately, the Line 6 POD Go gives you the tools you need to craft countless guitar rigs and recall them in a flash. Snapshots doesn’t just let you pull up tones a song at a time — here you can set verse, chorus, and lead tones and access them on a section-by-section basis, all in real time. Snapshots is just another way in which the Line 6 POD Go can greatly enhance your performance life.
USB audio interface with re-amping
Floor units like the Line 6 POD Go excel in the recording environment. There are no amps to set up, no time-consuming mic placement rigamarole — just dial up your favorite sounds and connect to a laptop via USB (cable included). Now you can track guitar parts direct into a DAW session in pristine 24-bit/96kHz stereo quality. Or, for greater expandability, you track your parts dry and take advantage of the POD Go’s re-amping capabilities for endless tonal variation down the road.
3rd-party IR support
A guitar cab and its speakers account for roughly 33% of a total guitar sound (guitar & pedals + amp + cab = sound). Thankfully, the POD Go gives you room grow. Support for third-party guitar cabinet impulse responses (IRs) means you can drop in all your favorite closed- and open-backs with whatever speaker combinations you can imagine. And with the leaps and bounds today’s IR manufacturers are making in cab tones, this one feature more or less ensures the Line 6 POD Go a permanent place in your rig.
Line 6 POD Go Floor Processor Features:
- Streamlined floor processor with 270+ Helix and legacy amp, stomp, and cabinet models
- Lightweight, tour-grade build quality
- Designed to sound great into an amp or PA
- Captures the tone and feel of playing through real tube amps and pedal FX
- Large color screen is easy to see from standing position, even in the dark
- Onboard expression pedal unlocks dynamic wah, volume, and rotary effects
- Snapshots feature lets you save and recall tones for each section of a song
- Supports third-party cabinet impulse responses for greater expandability
- 4×4 USB audio interface delivers tones directly into a recording session in 24/96 hi-def
- Onboard FX loop and headphone output
- Dry amp output lets you monitor through a traditional rig while sending processed tones to FOH
- Pedal Type: Multi-FX Pedalboard
- Analog/Digital: Digital
- Presets: 270+ HX and Legacy Models
- Amp Modeling: Yes
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4″ (instrument), 1 x 1/4″ (FX return)
- Outputs: 2 x 1/4″ (main out), 1 x 1/4″ (amp out), 1 x 1/4″ (FX send)
- USB: 1 x Type B (4 x 4)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4″
- Other I/O: 1 x 1/4″ TRS (expression 2)
- Expression Control: Multi-function Expression Pedal
- Features: 4.3″ Color LCD, 3rd Party Impulse Response support, 24-bit/96kHz
- Software: POD Go Edit App
- Compatibility: Windows, Mac OS
- Power Source: 9V DC power supply (included)
- Manufacturer Part Number: 99-060-2505